Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I was made bankrupt in 1998 and discharged 1992 they took charge

I was made bankrupt in 1998 and discharged 1992 they took charge of 2 pension policies which I have no problem with.i have a letter from inslvency solicitors who would like me to fill a form in asking if I have any other pensions,I had no other pensions at that time but now have other work pensions,which where taken out much later,can they get hold of any of these ,don't want to lie on the form ,there heading is only about that period and policies att that time thank you
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
Any assets you acquire after you have been discharged from bankruptcy will be separate from your estate in bankruptcy.
If you acquired these pensions post discharge then you are entitled to the benefit of them.
The only way they could claim these is if they placed any post bankruptcy restrictions on you. Was this the case?
AJ
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No restrictions we're put in place,everything went through smoothly,I heard nothing until I received my letter of discharge and this is now the first ive heard in 20 plus years,this is good news and sets my mind at rest.many thanks