We had a few onsite meetings giving them the opportunity to correct the faults only later on they reneged on this and accused us of engaging unscrupulous surveyors.
We had the architect who recommended the builders to us to mediate and they agreed that due to the break down in communications that if we were willing to put everything right ourselves then the best situation would be to part company with them.
We have numerous emails from them with threats and because the work was so bad we had no choice to consult legal advise. It was only then that we found they had nothing of any assets that a court action would just cost even more.
We gave them numerous opportunities to correct the problems but they never did come back.
I have sent all the documentation to the no win no fee lawyer as I have kept everything. We have been advised to get a court injunction on one of the builders due to stalking and threats.
We were quite happy for them to rectify the problems but although they agreed to in principle at the time they never did come back and always refuted that anything was wrong even though we had an independent RICS report detailing the problems and conservative costs involved
Yes Joshua, I have all correspondence whether email or otherwise.
Builders were contracted Nov 11th 2013. They were employed the following week on a contracted 10 week build.
I think by May 2014 they were finally told to stay off the premises and we eventually got others to do the work , although some jobs couldn't be completed as my Mothers cancer was too far advanced by then for her to be around builders dust.
We eventually sold the house at a considerable loss
It was put out for tender with 5 different builders offered to tender. All arranged by the architect.
The builders we engaged were from a recommendation from the architect and their ability to start immediately and within the time limit.
The original tender was too high and we omitted some of the original plans which was set out in the contract. The agreement was done at our home one evening and the legalities were done by post.
We had to pay to an initial payment of 14,590.35 initially and then 5 subsequent payments bi-monthly. Which we did up until with holding the last payment. The last payment was less because we supplied sanitary and kitchen fitments due to the fact they hadn't been ordered by the builders and to speed things along we ordered ourselves to have all the equipment onsite to lessen anymore delays
No they did not give this
I've just checked the contract and there is a cancellation part on the back but it states nothing within 7 days