29905560

If a colleague got onto my computer whilst it was unattended

If a colleague got onto my computer whilst it was unattended , or has logged onto my computer with my password (which they may have overheard me give to my manager) and viewed confidential messages between me and a different colleague on archived lync , and are they are unhappy with the content of our lync messages can this make a complaint against me ? it was not public information, I did not give authority to view my archive and my colleague would have only known the content of the messages by delving into files, it would not have been displayed on the screen
Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Has a complaint to the employer actually been made?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

not sure, I left the Company on the 17th April and the colleague text me to advise they had seen my comments on my computer and were reporting me

This would amount to unauthorised access and whilst it is unlikely to be serious enough to amount to criminal conduct, it is an internal matter. The issue is that now you have actually left this company and as such there is not much the employer can do about this – they can’t discipline you as you are no longer an employee and they cannot take any other action against you. Similarly, your main remedy here would have been to make a complaint against the employee for their actions but as you have now left you are no longer bound by the company’s grievance procedure and as such cannot raise a grievance over this. So this whole situation is not something which can go any further at this stage due to the termination of your employment with the company. Any actions would have been internal ones and this is no longer possible.
I hope this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating, or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you