Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

I am on the warned list starting 5th May,we have

I am on the warned list for trial starting 5th May,we have repeatedly ask for the fingerprint evidence to be given for cross examination (only evidence there is) and they have still not produced it.
If they don't produce can it get thrown out?
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with your question today.
-Could you explain your situation a little more detail e.g. nature of the charge/evidence?
-Is this the first listing for trial?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Charge is extraction of electricity and production of Cannabis / evidence is my hand print on one sheet of plastic in the room on the wall, we have asked repeatedly to see this evidence and have had nothing forthcoming it has rolled over from last warned period
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
The prosecution may realise their mistake and apply for an adjournment if the case is listed for trial.
If the Judge refuses the adjournemnt the prosecution will have to proceed without the evidence - if that is the only evidence then the case could be stopped at half time.
Unfortunately there is no automatic right to dismissal in this situation: it really depends on whether the prosecution can proceed with the case with other evidence or not
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is no other evidence, just that so it still goes to trial? Doesn't that waste time and money?
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Yes it does sound like a waste of time. But that's the state of the criminal justice system in this country.