75100385

I have been told by my bank that fraud transaction done

I have been told by my bank that fraud transaction done by my chip and pin will be returned to me but i'll have to sign a declaration. My worry is what if the bar where this happens dispute it. Do i need to keep hold of the money for period of time?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Did you report it or did the bank tell you it was fraud?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi there, Yes i've reported it to the bank(s) - was 3 banks in total. One has given me the money back - it seems to be £1,850 say

Wow. £1850 in a bar?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ahem. City bar. I can provide the details. I knowingly made the first 3 transaction by chip and pin but in my state i wasn't aware that my pin had been seen by staff i believe, they then used my cards like crazy. I am worried about what action they can take - can they get money back from my bank or go after me through courts?

But when you say 'they used your cards' then this was not authorised, is that correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

For the best of my knowlegde i did not make any further transaction after the first 3. So it went £10, £40 and £60 then after that it went to £125 etc and lot more. This was all from one card. They also signed another credit card i have, which i know was not me because i never sign my cards (Stupid i know).

I'm just want to know what come back this club has on me or the bank. And if i need to put this money aside in case they try to claim it back?

OK - don't worry. Its clearly fraud. Whilst you can't stop them taking you to Court they would need to show that you made the genuine transactions. Therefore whilst you can set the £ aside I would not worry. Clearly this is fraud and indeed you could get the Police involved and those prosecuted.

I am just following up on this. Is there anything else I can help with? If so, please let me know.

Alex.