13262538

I was heavily under the influence of alcohol

Customer Question

I was heavily under the influence of alcohol and told someone misinformation in messages, can that conversation be heard in a family court even though it's absolute rubbish, can I be called as a witness etc? Like I say I was upset at what this person was doing to my friend and told her lies to wind her up while not in a right state of mind due to alcohol. P.s my friends wife won't let him see kids, first stages of divorce etc
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first
What kind of thing did you say?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I said that my friend was taking things from the empty marital home, he wasn't obviously
What makes you think you would have to give evidence?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't know really, was thinking she might use the lies I told her, am I barking down the wrong tree? Don't know how it works!
Please try not to worry
Whatever she threatens she cannot rely on text messages as evidence of anything - the existence of drunken late night text messages is a well known phenomenon!
Whilst you may not have helped your friend's case you have not done it any harm!
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your help!
HI
You are most welcome I hope all goes well