UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

As I have been here since dec 2014 as a dependent child of

As I have been here since dec 2014 as a dependent child of my father . He is in tier 2 (general ) work permit visa , now he is going to apply for ILR . Am I be eligible to be apply for ILR as dependent child since at the time of entry in the UK I was under 18 but as now I am over 18. Your regards ***** ***** valuable for me . Plz convey ur information as u conceived
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
No unfortunately not, if your father is applying for ILR you will not be eligible to apply for ILR at the same time. As you are over the age of 18 you will no longer be viewed as a child and would need to apply for a visa under a different category in your own name and not as a dependent.
Has you arrived to the UK before july 2012, you would have also been able to apply for ILR but as you did not and have only been in the UK since 2014, you will not be eligible to apply for ILR.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience: I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
I hope this answers your question, if so please provide a rating so I can get credited for my time.