75100385

I missed my flight because taxi driver didn't have tom tom

I missed my flight because taxi driver didn't have tom tom and ignored build up of traffic and got stuck on M25 instead of taking alternative route. Company advertises itself as specialist airport service and I believe checking traffic or using tom tom is basic. As well as missing flight I incurred costs in completing op journey of over £100. Could I pursue in small claims court?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
I am not sure whether you had a claim as you would need to show the Judge that they were negligent. If you can show they were negligent rather than you had simply not allowed enough time then a claim will be successful. However I will outline the process:
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That's great thank you. I believe that I can show they were negligent. Should I attempt to quantify my loss from missing my business meeting or stick to hard losses such as train fares and plane ticket?
Its better if you can quantify and have actual loss. Courts generally don't like to assess damages for something they can't put an exact figure on.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.