75100385

I have been charged with possession of 'phanazepam' and have

I have been charged with possession of 'phanazepam' and have to go to magistrates court next Wednesday, they charged me yesterday because I was searched and found with 10 Valium on a train in Scotland last August and fined. I am just wondering what will happen with this because I have a job at a university and I am getting very worried about how this is going to affect my future and about what the court will actually do. I haven't since the arrest on 2nd of April taken anything whatsoever and I was also wondering if this will help my case?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Charged in England and Wales or Scotland please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

England

You are likely to get a conditional discharge or fine for this offence. At most it would be a Community Order but that is unlikely.
Does that help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks this is helpful, what is a conditional discharge? Also, if I do get a community order, do they take work in to account and will they work around it?

Conditional discharge, is that is say for a period of 12 months and you commit no further offences then the matter goes.
If you commit a further offence during that operational period then you can be sentenced for the new offence and the drugs offence.
If you get a Community Order you may get unpaid work and yes, they take note of working hours etc.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.