12826847

Ok If I am currently under police covert investigation for

Customer Question

ok If I am currently under police covert investigation for serious crime drug dealing I did not commit but did something to arouse suspicion and possible committed a less serious offence I would like to know if it will be to my advantage or disadvantage to go to the police and offer to make a statement I will explain further
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I contacted you before about this situation anyhow sometime ago in November I parked in a carpark to visit an offlicense across the road unfortunately in a red light district ! After I got out the car a girl approached offering services which I was week and accepted but not wanting to make it obvious I walked to the boot of my car and opened briefly then we walked towards a dark ally however I changed my mind and said no cant do this I walked away towards offlicense but she started shouting and swearing and wanting to get away from her I got into my car to drive to another offlicense shewas desperate for money I think for drugs as when I got a closer look her eyes looked like she was stoned anyway as I got in the car I noticed a guy in the next cargot on his radio and 3guys appeared from another car I thought coming for me about solicitting! But they walked towards the girl . I drove off but noticed in my mirror shortly into my journey I had a tail behind me of many cars whiched stopped everywhere I did but did not approachme then dispersed shortly before arriving home then a few minutes after getting out my car 5 or 6 cars suddenly appeared unfortunately for me I removed my big rucksack from my car from my hols which prob made it worse! I proceededto be followed for over a week however this stopped for a while from november to beginning of february or was scaled back so much I didn notice them. Anyway I believe in this severn days a voicerecorder or camera was put in my work also the guys who fitted it were desperate for me to sign and print !! the invoice to establish indentification.Anyway I forgot about it for a while but then after a conversation where my work mate asked me to buy him cigarettes from ukraine hence duty free and we agreed a price which ofcause is illegal. Following this day the same cars that were on my street during the 7day period were back and I was being followed everywhere again upto airport security and back again after I cleared costoms on return although I didn notice til next day but they were back. It wasnt until I returned to work and my mate asked for his cigarettes it dawned on me they can arrest for selling them then they can search the house though they wouldn have found anything else illegal. My mate didn believe me until I said ill prove it follow me and watch how many cars are following me I whispered something about the hole in the street near his house he asked me to sell them again I shuck my head and drove this made them suspicious as a few of them walked towards his house and backyard when I asked him he denied this and randomly asked me are you dealing drugs!! The following day the only thing he d talk to me about was giving him these cigarettes he s filipino and was clearly asking questions that were someone elses like would you the cigarettes to someone else and quoted the law on giving them as a gift in perfect difinition! I still refused but he then asked where are they? I told him stupidly where they were I panicked not because of what theyd find but because I live with parents and theyd prob kick me out for causing the raid! I couldn concentrate on work and lied about my dad being ill and left early when I got home police helicopter was hoverring above for ages I was petrified I sat looking at 4walls for 2hours then I thought how can I prove im not going to sell the cigarettes! I decided to destroy them the only way I could without being seen down the toilet wrapping a few at a time intoilet paper however I believe they think I flushed drugs away but have no evidence but are still desperately looking for it! Guess I want to know if I told police this if they will agree not to press charges over cigarettes or girl would it be sufficient for a drugs charge the fact I left work flushed "something" as far as they conscerned down the toilet and lied to leave work ?? And they definately are police they using a girl I was seeing to try trap me which aas I never posessed drugs wouldn have worked but I saw the discreet ear peace and she practically admitted it what do you think? Sorry alot to take in

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Ok.
What is your question about this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Well In relation to the information ive given you already is there sufficient evidence to charge me with anything based on this information ?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I'm really sorry but I'm struggling to understand what exactly has happened here.
What is it that you think could lead to a charge? Please don't put yourself to detail. Just a brief summary is fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok could I be charged with perverting the cause of justice for destroying the cigarettes and if they didn believe it was cigarettes and the fact i left work early could would that be sufficient for the cps to assume it was drugs I was disposed of?? Which it absolutely wasnt ive had anything to do with that please understand

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, CPS probably will think that but it doesn't matter. They have to prove it and they have no evidence that you disposed of drugs.
In terms of perverting the course of justice, on what basis? What did you do that may have amounted to perverting?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Im talking about destroying the cigarettes as I understand destroying evidence falls under that category and if I destroyed them even tho was only 200 legal maximum to bringback if I tell the police I destroyed cigarettes as I knew they were coming even would this fall under this category? I ask because believe me they hate me so much and would like nothing better than to see me locked up as they think I destroyed drugs so I have to be sure as I know this is a prisonable offence im worried about this and as I have nothing to do with drugs they certainly wont have any evidence of that

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Had the police taken any action against you before you destroyed them?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No but they knew I possessed them and I believe they had a recording of this conversation agreeing the sale and they just needed these cigarettes as evidence as thru my filipino workmate I mentioned earlier they kept asking for them and then stopped as soon as I told them where they were that was the point they were going to raid but tho they werent really interested in the cigarettes they wanted to find drugs but no they didnt take action

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Please don't worry. They are not conduct surveillance. They do not have the resources to do that even with proper crime.
Concealing evidence can indeed amount to perverting the course of justice but this doesn't apply but the police had not acted against so this is not evidence.
In any event, they have no evidence that you did this.
Perverting is fairly rarely used.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok thankyou its just id like to be able to explain to people the full story rather than just snippetss as I feel I can only trust with a watered which makes people think the worse anyway basically what you are saying id be ill advised to wrisk putting myself in that position as they have no evidence and I wouldn tell them anything anyway unless they gave me a written of no charges related to the cigarettes or none drugs offenses related to the girl. But basically what you are saying is to clarify despite what cps and police would think theres no way at all they can charge without hard evidence of drugs correct?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
It depends on the offence but that is basically right.
CPS and the police can be as suspicious as they want. Unless they have evidence they cannot charge you.
There are some offences that they are very quick to charge despite the merits of the evidence but not in these cases.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok you re referring to terrorism I assumeannyway just to clarify about perverting so is it at the point the police enter the house and state what they looking for or take action reguarding an item itofficially becomes evidence right and not before right ? And if im not mistaken in this type of case is it 6months that they have max to investigate before they have to charge or close the case ?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No actually. It is mostly sexual offences.
No, for perverting thee are no time limits as there are none for possession of drugs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Oh ok really so this is an intrusion I could have to put up with for years to come! Great ! I have nothing to hide so in that sense no fear just awkward when on a date anyway back to my point even if if I priempted a raid the cigarets would not officially have bin classed as evidennlce at that point right hence no perverting right ?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
It is possible to pervert before a police investigation but not here.
You are perfectly free to throw cigarettes away.