75100385

What constitutes a reasonable length of time garage to

Customer Question

what constitutes a reasonable length of time for a garage to repair a car under warranty before I can ask for replacement or refund. I had car only 6 days they have had it for repair for 15 days so far
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Is it new/old? How many miles and how much did you pay? Have you asked for a repair?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ford ranger pickup is 2009 with 79000 miles on the clock cost £10000 which was paid with part ex for my Mitsubishi outlander for which they gave £6500 the rest paid in cash with a debit card. The pickup was taken in by the AA after it broke down on the motorway. As it is under warranty they took it in to repair and assess

Have they said how long it will be?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

a few more days probably

Ok. It really does depend on what the fault is. If it was a bulb then 15 days would be unreasonable. If it's more complicated then clearly a bit longer may be needed. You should ask another garage what would a time for repair expected to be.
Sadly because they are repairing it and you have allowed this you can't demand a replacement or refund now, you must accept the repair. However because it has taken so long you may be entitled to compensation for breach of contract if you have suffered any losses for the 15 days as a result. Goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of suitable quality.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

so are you saying I am in the wrong for allowing the repair to go ahead even though I assumed that's what the warranty is for and by doing so I have put myself in the position where I cannot demand a refund or a replacement vehicle of the same value. so at what point should I have refused to accept the vehicle. surely I must have more rights than this I have only driven the pickup for 6 days. if the garage can not repair the car satisfactorily what then. I bought the pickup because I need a pickup not a saloon car which I have to worry about keeping clean from mud and hay on a daily basis along with dogs noses getting on everything.

No I am not saying that. If there is a Warranty you should get a repair. But by getting s repair you waive your right to a refund or replacement, unless of course the vehicle can't be fixed. However you can sue for breach of contract regardless and any losses as a result.
Does that clarify?

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.