29905560

I would like to travel Canada weeks holiday to visit

I would like to travel Canada for one weeks holiday to visit my aunt. In 1978 I was convicted of fraud and received a fine. Is this now considered as spent.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. The usual 'spendng' of convicitons in the UK does not apply abroad, such as to determine your elginility for travel to another country. So even if this conviction was considered spent in the UK, it does not mean it is spent when the Canadain authorities determine your suitability for travel. You would still be required to declare that and convince the border authorities that you are rehabilitaed and no longer may pose issues if you were allowed to travel.

A guide to these rules can be found here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/inadmissibility/conviction.asp

You are most likely to be able to apply for deemed rehabilitation when you enter the country due to the age of this offence and the fact you have no

eoffended since.

I hope this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating, or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is there a way of fast tracking an application as I have purchased my ticket for the end of May
you do not need to apply for anything, you can travel anyway and be assessed at the port of entry. However it is recommended that you are assessed before travelling to ensure you are eligible and not waste a trip. Whether the process can be fast tracked very much depends on the Consulate and how busy they are if they can accommodate such a request, etc - only they can give you that answer so you should contact them direct
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I cannot find a phone number to contact them . Do you know where I might find this as it is not on the web site that I could see
you can't call them directly - you need to leave a voicemail on 0207(###) ###-####and they will call you back or you can email them on***@******.***
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank younger your help