12826847

I had my annual car service at the end of January 2015. I

Customer Question

I had my annual car service at the end of January 2015.
I thought the previous year I had taken out a service plan so the cost of the service was going to be covered for 2015. When I collected my car at the end of January the garage told me the cost of the invoice was covered the service plan and there was nothing to pay.
However at the beginning of april 2015 I received an invoice from the garage for the cost of the service. The service plan i took out was in 2013. The plan only covered the services for 2013 and 2014. The 2015 was not covered.
Am I under a legal obligation to cover the bill as the original mistake was that of the garage? Surely they cannot pursue me to pay the bill over two months after the service when originally they claimed the cost of the service had been covered??
Sorry if I am missing the point but why should this be the fault of the garage?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The garage told me when I booked my car in for the service in January 2015 that the service was covered by the service plan. This was also confirmed when I collected the car and the invoice stated that it was paid.

Two months later I have received the original invoice stating that there was an over sight and the cost of the service was not covered. They are asking me to pay it full.

Is this a mistake of the garage? Or am i still liable for the cost even though I was told originally that the service was covered??

Do they provide the service plan?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes it was the voltswagon garage own service plan

Did they invite you in for a service on a representation that it was covered or did you book?