12826847

I operate a small bakery. A suplier who allowed an amount of

Customer Question

I operate a small bakery. A suplier who allowed an amount of credit demanded an immediate payment of £600 (entire amount) As i was away for 10 days they agreed that i should clear this at £50 per day.They agreed to ring or text me if necessary. They didnt. In my absence , they entered the shop and took £275 that was clearly marked for another supplier and coming in person every day to demand cash from the till from a sales girl. They were so manacing and demanding that this girl locked the shop and has not come back. Another girl worked in the mornings but the shop was closed in the afternoon. The girl who left was also operating a new evening pizza business which also could not open. This has left me at least £3000 down. I have received a ct summons for the outstanding amount I owe them. Do I have any position I can claim against them? NC
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

May I ask if you contacted the police please?
Is your sales girls willing to provide a statement as to the events you describe?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. No we did not call the police. The girl in question may not be willing to give a statement. Its all I could do to speak with her at all. However, the morning girl also witnessed the visits when I was away and will be will varify. I am away next week and need to submit the papers back to court within 14 days from the 27th? what should I do? Thank you. Neil Chapman

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi. Not sure if earlier e mail work. No we did not call the police. The girl who left i may not be able to get her to do anything. I am having problems even talking to her but the morning girl witnessed some and is happy to give a statement. Please note i am away now till 9 May and may have a problem with e mail. Can you text anything? *********** Look forward to hearing from you.

Neil Chapman

Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
I am very sorry for the delay in reverting to you owing to the bank holiday weekend.I note you are away until 9 May. Unfortunately I am not able to text your phone as the system automatically blocks email and phone numbers for privacy. Perhaps you could reply back to me when you return in order that we can continue?