12826847

I am director of the management company of a small development

Customer Question

I am director of the management company of a small development which comprises of town houses and apartments. I am a resident of the development but a few of the directors are non-resident and are only investors in the property. One of the directors is particularly nasty and overrides decisions such as having flower baskets. We always had flower baskets but this person and another director took us down a legal path that absorbed the finances. It is very difficult to get anything done because this director apposes anything that will cost money and improve the estate. At the moment they are revising the Articles of Association and I proposed that we include that we always have two resident directors for obvious reasons. Because of the nastiness that has gone on in the past I have had no answer to my proposal. What is your legal opinion?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.
Is this a company limited by shares or guarantee?
How many resident "shareholders" are there in the company?
AJ