75100385

If I have applied to set aside a default judgement on a

if I have applied to set aside a default judgement on a counterclaim , does it mean I do not need to pay the monies for this order was obtained through a default judgement claiming no reply to counterclaim,until the hearing to set aside judgement has taken place, which I am confident will allow me to defend the counterclaim. Is there any other application I should make other than set aside a default judgement to ensure other party doesn't make a demand for this sum , I have applied for no order as to costs . For example Defendants/builders solicitors have often managed to put a bar in place? to prevent me from obtaining a judgement against them without a hearing?

If you have applied to set the judgment in the counter claim aside you need to wait to see what the hearing of that is. It may be and I only say may be , liable for the cost of that hearing.
Whilst there is an application and hearing date the other side are unlikely to try and enforce it, there would be no point.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.