I was banned driving a year ago. but was not

Customer Question

hi. I was banned for drink driving a year ago. but was not behind the wheel of a car or driving. I had taken a small measure of hot whiskey for a bad cold. and went to sainsburys the check out assistant had apparently smelled alcohol from my breath and followed me to my car took my number plate and reported me to the police. I had travelled 12 miles home put a washing out and sat down with my husband and drank a bottle of wine about an hour later the police arrived at my door and a my husband invited them in we thought something had happened to our sons who live in Australia. but the questioned me about drink driving and I refused a breath test because I wasn't drinking till I came home so they arrested me and took me to the police station and took blood test which should they say I was 3 times over the limit. I have since found out my medication can interfere with a blood reading for drink driving. I have been through so mush stress and depression for a year because of all of this. I think it was dealt with unfairly. Caroline

Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Did you plead guilty at the time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I admitted I had the small measure of hot whiskey

Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
You can't plead guilty to "having had a small measure of whiskey".
Did you plead guilty to the charge?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I didn't go to court myself. my solicitor went to court on my behalf. I didn't plead guilty to anything.

Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
In that case you can't have been banned from driving. You can only be banned from driving if you were found guilty of drink driving.
I sense a reluctance from you to answer my questions, therefore I am going to opt out. Another expert may be able to assist you.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
How far through the. Ban are you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

my bann is complete since 4th April 15. just waiting to be issued with a provisional licence. been a delay due to blood test results as was told i was in high risk catagory.

why should i have to resit a theory test and driving test again. sorry in delay in answering questions but i can only get access to a computer when i come home from work.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
When did you get your licence and when were you banned?