Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

My partner is considering lending £20,000.00 to a friend's

Customer Question

My partner is considering lending £20,000.00 to a friend's property company for a 12% annual return. The friend has give her a specimen contract. If I sent it to you could you advise on it's legality or anything you think has been omitted? What would be the cost?
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

May I ask how many pages the document is please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Only 6

Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. I would be very happy to review the same on the above basis for say £60 if that is acceptable.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I thought my payment of £47.00 covered this!

Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately what you ask goes beyond the value of your question as it will require some time to read and then report upon. Alternatively you could contact a local solicitor in person who could review the document for you though the cost is likely to be £175-250 + VAT I would estimate.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Well it would have been nice to know this before I paid the 'good faith' payment of £47.00.

How do I pay the £60.00.

Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
I am sorry if it was not made clear. If you would prefer a refund that is no problem. If you would like to proceed, I can create an additional services offer for you to accept and then we can exchange email contact information for you to email the document to me confidentially.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No it wasn't clear at all. I have just sent message to say that it is only three and a half pages if you discount the title page and signature page. It will probably take you 10 minutes. Does that make any difference to the £60.00?

Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Yes that would make a difference - on that basis I should be able to deal with it for £35 if acceptable?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK thanks that is fine, let's proceed.

Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. The additional services offer should appear on your screen in a few moments. Please note that although I am based in England, the site is US owned and so I have to denominate in US dollars so the amount may not be exact £35 dependent on exchange rates.
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Many thanks. My email address should be visible. If not you may have to refresh the page. If you could drop me an email with the document together with any specific question you have in addition to the above generally I will review and revert to you within an hour or so of receipt if that is ok.I look forward to hearing from you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Am sending email. Thanks

Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. I'll respond back to you by email once reviewed.