12826847

I am Turkish origin lives in England years and my wife

Customer Question

I am Turkish origin lives in England for 42 years and my wife and i got married in Istanbul divorce in England 1981 but I still shown as I am married to her in Turkey and I can't found my ex wife but I been told to do where can I found a legal aid solicitor in Cambridge to get help. DIVORCE PROCEDURE FOR A MARRIAGE REGISTERED IN TURKEY
If a marriage between a Turkish and a British national was solemnized in the UK and then registered in Turkey or if a marriage between a Turkish and a British national was solemnized and registered in Turkey, regardless of divorce degree that may be a obtained in the UK, a suit of divorce should be filed in Turkey as well. To this end the following steps should be taken by the foreign national:
• A solicitor in the UK will give Power of Attorney to an appointed solicitor in Turkey. The Power of Attorney should be apostilled by the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
• Upon receipt of this Power of Attorney the appointed solicitor in Turkey will commence with divorce proceedings.
You may also contact the British Consulates in Turkey (for the addresses of British Consulates in Turkey please click here)
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.co.uk.
I apologise for an inconvenience but JustAnswer cannot directly recommend local solicitors.
Do you have a specific question regarding the UK legal process?
Thank you, ***** ***** let me know how you’d like to proceed,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am 60 years old and it looks like I am still married to my wife divorce in England 1981 what can I do to be divorce in Turkey as they want me to• A solicitor in the UK will give Power of Attorney to an appointed solicitor in Turkey. • A solicitor in the UK will give Power of Attorney to an appointed solicitor in Turkey. The Power of Attorney should be apostilled by the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office.

now I got solicitor's in Turkey they want • A solicitor in the UK will give Power of Attorney to an appointed solicitor in Turkey. The Power of Attorney should be apostilled by the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
• Upon receipt of this Power of Attorney the appointed solicitor in Turkey will commence with divorce proceedings

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
May I ask why you believe you need to be divorced under Turkish law given that that is the only country in which you are still legally regarded as married?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare

I took my fiance to Turkey 1976 and we got married in Turkey.

My wife went to solicitor in England and divorced me in England.1981

Marriages except in both countries but divorce in England not enough for the Turkish law so that's why I need to find a solicitor in England will give a power of attorney to solicitor in Turkey which can act in Turkish court for my divorce cleaners.

The law in Turkey says:

DIVORCE PROCEDURE FOR A MARRIAGE REGISTERED IN TURKEY

.* A solicitor in the UK will give Power of Attorney to an appointed solicitor in Turkey. The Power of Attorney should be apostilled by the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office.

* Upon receipt of this Power of Attorney the appointed solicitor in Turkey will commence with divorce proceedings.

My solicitor:

Av.Sami GULECYUZ

Istanbul Barosu -Sicil No:12309

T.C Kimlik no:18202038936

Solicitor Sami GULECYUZ

(Istanbul Bar Association, registration number 12309)

(Republic of Turkey identification number ***********

Address:

Moda Caddesi No:6 Cakiroglu Is Merkezi Kat:5

34710 Kadikoy Istanbil Turkey.

The solicitor need the power of attorney :

Av.Ayca OGUZCAN

Istanbul Barosu-sicil no:36773

T.C.Kimlik no:43576277124

Solicitor Ayca OGUZCAN

(Istanbul Bar Association, registration number:36773)

(Republic of Turkey identification number:43576277124)

Address:

Moda Caddesi No:6 Cakiroglu Is Merkezi Kat 6

34710 Kadikoy Istanbul Turkey

Is there any reason why you cannot simply go to Turkey and instruct a solicitor to deal with it yourself.?