12826847

I am wanting to build an extension to my home, there is a small

Customer Question

I am wanting to build an extension to my home, there is a small fence between my neighbours drive and mine. The fence (4 feet high) was erected by the previous owner of the house I now live in. The Fence is on my land, and I have been told by the architect who is drawing my plans, that as the fence has been in place for seven years my neighbor now owns the land and I cannot build on it.
This has been caused because my neighbor when they built there extension to the full width of their drive the fence has a dogs leg onto my drive to allow my neighbor to get her wheel y bin out. The previous owner was obviously a very accommodating person. However I now want to build a new garage and bedroom extension which as a result of this 7 year rule will not be possible. Is it correct? the fence was built by the previous owner, it techically is my fence on my land
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am quite happy for you to find the right person, and am happy to wait a little while

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

happy for you to return my deposit at this time and will have no hesitation in using this service again

many thanks

Terry XXX