12826847

My husband and I are looking into applying

Customer Question

My husband and I are looking into applying for an IVA. The problem is that my husband's name is ***** ***** title for a small beach chalet that his father (my father-in-law) bought several years ago. Not sure why it was put in my husband's name at the time (this was well before I met him) but as it was bought with my father-in-law's money and has sort of been a joint project that they were trying to fix up together, we don't want to have that be part of our IVA declaration of assets because it isn't technically my husband's property and we don't want my father-in-law to be penalised just because we need to go the IVA route. But we also don't want to transfer the title to him and make it look like we are trying to hide assets. Having looked on a few websites, the wording seems very vague as to what needs to be declared; some sites say that you can exclude things for various reasons. Could you offer us any advice?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, we are willing to wait; please continue to search for someone to help us.

Thanks,

Jennifer Mead

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
For now please let me know why his name was on the deeds?