75100385

Do you have a lawyer who specialises in plagiarism please?

Customer Question

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have a friend who wrote a book on rock and roll. This was published in 2006.In the book which is a memory of this music in Blackpool (he was very involved in this and was a talented guitarist) It tells of his experience of his time working with all the famous people of the time-mainly 1960' and 1970s'. Towards the finishing of his book he needed some information on a musician called Jethro Tull..He managed to contact an old member of the band who came to Pete' home to do so and mentioned he had recently given an interview on the same subject to some people who ran a small magazine for Jethro Tull fans. He offered to hand over the notes from the interview and told Pete he was more than welcome to use them-No fees changed hands. Pete than included the details in his book in his own style.

Around 200 copies were produced an is now out of print.

The guys who own the magazine are now planning a book and are accusing Pete of plagiarism. Pete is 79 very frail and in poor health.

He is experiencing terrible stress and I would like to be able to relieve it for him-I do hope you can help. Thanks Mandy

Ok I don't understand. Who owns the notes?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The notes belong to the people who did the interview

But Pete used them with permission?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Permission from the guy who did the interview

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I had problems logging in are you still on line Alex?

Payment is logged with paypal

*****@******.***

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

NO REPLY YET

Ok. So who is saying they have been plagiarised? I do not quite follow?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The guys who print the "newspaper" pamphlet really who are writing a book are saying Pete has plagiarised them. They put the information re interview in one of their pamphlets.

So sorry Alex having problems re communication with you

How are they saying he has plagiarised?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

They say that the information that Pete used. constituted plagiarism

But you Pete had permission, right?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes Alex Pete had permission from the guy who provided the interview to use it for Pete's book- there was never a discussion of who owned what

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Relist: Incomplete answer. I think the problem is my email address is not being accepted you are saying my email address belongs to another member! I have used your services before. Although you accepted my paypal deposit of £38 easily enough! email is xxxxxxxxxxx Please explain SAP

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still awaiting your reply

Is Pete the one that is running it in the newspaper or a different person?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No not Pete. Pete wrote a book and used the information provided by the guy who gave an interview to the people who produce the newspaper.

Somehow they read Petes book saw the information about Jethro Tull

and even though it is written in Petes own style in accordance with his book-they are accusing him of plagiarism, Bear in mind this information was given freely by the ex member of Jethro Tulls band from information he had given to the newspaper people ( not really a newspaper, but an amateurish pamphlet stapled together) But apparently popular with Jethro Tulls fans

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry Alex still having problems receiving your replies

It's not plagiarism. Pete had permission from the person to use the interview notes. There is no issue, you permission. This is not an issue, there was permission for use so there is no way it is plagerism.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Alex Just spoken to Pete. He says he took the information from the actual printed pamphlet which the ex band member gave him because the information was precisely what the ex band member would have told him anyway.

But did he have permission to use it out if the leaflet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not from the writers of the pamphlet but permission from the guy who gave the information to the pamphlet writers

Ah that changes things. If he used the information without the leaflet without permission then this is plagerism. That is because they would own the text printed. It makes no difference whether the person giving the information gives permission for your friend to use it, the sad fact is that he has directly used someone else's printed work.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you are after and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be be honest.
Also
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Alex! At least we know were we are.

I am sorry.
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.