12826847

Its Glenn a friend of a girl owes a solicitor 1000 pounds

hi its Glenn a friend of a girl owes a solicitor 1000 pounds i offered to help her out paying by cheque she stated the solicitor refused my offer but would except cash is the girl in question playing a fast one wirh me and lying i cannot believe a solicitor would turn down this offer when in arrears
Obviously I won't know the working of the mind of this particular young lady but I have two observations for you.
1 It is very unlikely that a solicitor would refuse a cheque. It might well be that he refused that in full and final settlement but he would have accepted a cheque. There is absolutely no prospect that he would have said he prefers cash.
2 Whatever he said, whatever he did, run for the hills. You are not responsible for her debts. She is. Even if she is saying that she will pay you back at some point, if the solicitor will not accept her offer then I don't know why you should place yourself at risk to assist her. People who have to write cheques to solicitors tend not to be glorious credit options.
Also, if you are male you are better off not getting into debt for young ladies. You just keep the money you earn. Good women put money on the table, don't have social workers, don't make you responsible for their problems and also, in my opinion, don't spent their entire lives making allegations of abuse.
Run for the hills. Put your money into a pension fund and leave her to it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks Jo she owes 1700 i offered 1000 seems strange to me the solicitor turned it down she wants a loan instead and me to be the whatever its called in instead forgot the name for 2000 over 3 years if she is lying already its a bad start want to trust bur cannot

No, you cannot.
Even if she isn't lying, good women don't take £1000 from people. Good women pay their own bills.
She wants you to be a guarantee so she can disappear without paying and accuse you of sexual violence or domestic abuse if you actually ask her to repay.
Bad start. Run for the hills.
Find yourself an ethical partner. Or failing that, adopt a rescue dog with whom you would be better off.
Take if from me, I have lost count of the number of good men who have ended up in the dog for no better reason than that they don't know a professional victim when they see one.