75100385

I bought tiles and adhesive and ply wood primer floor

Customer Question

I bought tiles and adhesive and ply wood primer for the floor from a local tile shop to tile my bathroom. First there was a problem with floor tiles they did not stick, now some wall tiles are coming loose. There was a problem with the floor ply primer not going tacky to start with and all the floor tiles came loose so we redid with a different adhesive now some wall tiles are coming loose so I think it all needs stripping out and redoing. Do I pursue the shop or manufacturer. Also the tiler didn't do a very professional job fitting the tiles, uneventful so I am thinking about pursuing him as well. Any advice would be appreciated.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
For now please let me know how much you paid?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

For the materials around £1,400, got reciept, for the tile fitter around £1,200 (cash)

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Alex

Do I take out 2 claims, one against the shop who supplied the adhesive & primer (that I bought) and the other against the tile fitter for poor work?

Two claims yell
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes?

Two claims yes,sorry.
I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Alex, Would it be reasonable for me to just claim against the tile suppliers, as due to the defective materials, I will have to have my complete bathroom stripped out and re-done. It might be easier than initiating two separate claims. I can retain and re-use all the fittings, bath, shower etc but will probably need new tiles and the wall dry lining may have to be re-done as will probably break when removing the tiles. There will also be re-decoration required after ie ceiling & door architrave painting How many quoted for this should I get for the work? I am waiting for a response from the tile suppliers before I know what else to ask. Also I paid for the tiles and the adhesive on a credit card so will include the cc company in any claim, however I bought the sealer cash on a separate day, does that matter? Bye for now. Pete

You can only claim against the person you purchased the goods and services from. You should get 3 quotes.
Does that clarify?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Alex, I am confused. before you said I could make 2 claims, one from the shop and the other from the tiler. Now you say I can only claim from the shop? I did say that it might be easier if I just claim for everything from the shop, but I may wish to claim from the fitter as well, if necessary. Please clarify. Bye for now. Pete

You can add them as FIRST and SECOND defendant and allow the court to decide WHO is liable.
Does that clarify?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok Thank you.

Great!