12826847

I've bee left money, i'm panicing as i have to pay funeral

i've bee left money, i'm panicing as i have to pay for a funeral and this will still leave me over freshhold your allowed on benifits i get employment attendace allowence and high and middle DLA that was what should i do
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Are you asking if you can still claim?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i'm asking how much am i allowed before i need to tell or not tell authorities

I would declare everything.
However, the official requirement is that you need to declare anything over £5k because that would have an impact and anything over £16k would mean that means tested benefits would come to an end until the money is spent upon supporting you I'm afraid.
However, I would declare everything. Then if they find out about it afterwards you are protected.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice