12826847

Where do you stand if you purchased a car and on the way home

Where do you stand if you purchased a car and on the way home the engine blows up. We purchased it from a dealer.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We purchased the car and on the way home the engine blew up we were wandering where we stand I getting the dealer to sort it out
There shouldn't be any problem with making demands of the dealer. The SGA clearly applies and this was a very short possession.
The question is what remedy is appropriate. Generally speaking dealers prefer to repair than offer a refund or an exchange because it is cheaper.
Given the type of fault you are describing it might not be cheaper to put a new engine in but then he would have to offer a like for like exchange or a full refund. There would be no justification for anything else.
In fairness, he hasn't said he won't yet. He just hasn't come back. If he does then just sue him at the small claims court. You will win.
Can I clarify anything for you? I am just offline for about an hour and a half but I'll pick up soon.