31090051

I have done a few drawn portraits of celebrities. I do not

I have done a few drawn portraits of celebrities. I do not want to sell them. But my question is whether can I use these drawing portraits on my website, show them publicly for acquiring customers for orders of portraits.
Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
There is nothing to stop you exhibiting your own work. The only thing would be if a portrait was detrimental or insulting to the celebrity in which case they could ask you not to show it, but that rarely happens with good portrait painters. Usually the opposite is the case.
I hope this helps.
Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As a patterns of my drawings were used photographs from the Internet. Sorry for I did not include it in my question, I did not know it was important. So full of question is this =>

I have done a few drawn portraits of celebrities with photographs from the internet. I do not want to sell them. But my question is whether can I use these drawing portraits on my website, show them publicly as examples of my skills of drawing for acquiring customers for orders of portraits.

I have also asked if I can draw and make available publicly characters or scenes from fairy tales, movies, etc.

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
You are entitled to paint a photograph.
You are also entitled to copy other people's drawings as long as you dont profit from them. Frankly, you should steer clear of Disney and the like as they won't like you copying their pictures.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

whether exposing the drowings on my website for advertising my drawing skills will not be considered as "profiteering"?

Expert:  JGM replied 2 years ago.
Profiteering is not a word you will see anywhere in the 1988 Act. However, the bigger animation companies will jealously guard their pictures.