12826847

I'm trying to find out boyfriends Nephew if he at

Customer Question

Hi I'm trying to find out for my boyfriends Nephew if he at 18 can claim jsa. The problem is, that his mother is claiming child benefit, child tax credit as though he's in fulltime education and living with her and he's doing neither. He's been to the job centre and they said he cant claim until sept this year. How is he meant to live, we've all been supporting him as much as we can but money is drying up fast... Please help
When did he actually leave education?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Claire,

Basically his mother has just been saying he's in education, but she told him she'd stopped claiming it. He now live's with his Gran and has done for some time but he put his mum's address when he went to the Job Centre because she'd always told him no one should know he was living with his Gran.. There is no reason that he can't put his Gran's address as it won't affect anything...But at the Job Centre they said he couldn't claim because he was in full time education.. He has depression and doesn't really leave the house without his uncle and he is now scared of getting mum in trouble.. The Job Centre said he can't claim until September!!! Is there anyway round all this mess?

Many Thanks

Mel

When did he actually leave school/college?