12826847

I heed advice on a neighbour . I have over the last couple

Customer Question

Hi I heed advice on a neighbour .
I have over the last couple of years had 2 parcel stolen by them on the last accession I called the police but not a lot could be done about it , the police did speak to them about it and that was it .
now I the last few weeks I have the council around about some building materials that I had delved outside my house , but I had got a licence for that then the police came around aging because I was parked outside there house this is a main road so can park anywhere , then today the police called around again and side one of my builders had been in there garden !! and that I had a fence screwed to there fence !!I don't know what to do now to stop this can I sue them for harassment ?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I don't mind waiting a bit longer .
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay.
What is the harassment please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks for response ,
It's to do with my neighbours ,
It's been going on for a few years now , but about 3-4 weeks ago I had a parcel delivered and I was out so the delivery man left it with them .
When I asked for it they said they had left it in my front garden !!
The same thing happen a few years ago .
I contacted the company that had sent it and they asked me to contact the police and get a crime number so they could claim for it , I did this but was not a lot the police could do .
Since then I have had the police around to say the neighbours was complaining that I was parking outside they house , it's s public road with no parking restrictions , then I had the council around because I had building sand out side ,but I had already got a incense for that .
Then yesterday I had the police around again , this time it was because I had nail a bit of fence to there fence !! And they said one of the builders had been in there garden !!
It's getting a bit silly now and I want to put a stop to it but don't know what to do .
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I'm really sorry but this is not harassment.
A missing package I'm afraid cannot be attributed to them. It is possible that it was all a mistake. I realise that is not likely but it is possible.
In any event, that was too long ago to link to the latter matter.
In relation to the report to the police, that does not amount to an act of harassment. Making false or trivial claims can amount to harassment but there need to be a large number. A one off incident is not sufficient.
I'm very sorry but I have to give you truthful information.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi thanks , but it's 3 incedents in the last 2 weeks .
Council , and police twice parking and fence . and they did sign for the parcel but that is what has started all this
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, but they may have left it in your garden as they say. It wasn't particularly sensible of them but that isn't harassment.
Making reports can amount to harassment. You need usually about forty false reports before that will be considered in practice.
If you are intent there is helpful case law but I wouldn't advise it at this stage. You will only end up paying their costs.