13262538

My partner died in 1984. At this time I was pregnant (about

My partner died in 1984. At this time I was pregnant (about 4 weeks).My daughter was born in 1985. According to the registra I was unable to have his name put on her birth certificate at the time, and due to my bereavement I did not pursue it. Now whoever she has asked me if I can get his name put on her birth certificate, but I don't know if it can be done.
Will her late fathers family support such an applictaion?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Clare,

Her grandfather died years ago and I don't have contact with his Mother.

Is there any family member who would support you so that DNA evidence can be supplied?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My daughters grandmother is the only living relative. She is in her late 80's, and with no contact for many years, I am not sure what her mental capacity is like. Also I do not want to make contact with her now.

You can have the father's name added to the birth certificate BUT you will need DNA evidence that he was indeed her father.
Without that there is no chance of this happening
If the grandmother will not co-operate then there are Court Proceedings which can be issued to ensure that DNA evidence is forthcoming.
I appreciate that you do not wish to make contact with her - but it is your only option.
Please ask if you need further dteails