UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

I am currently a US citizen with Indefinite leave. I have been

I am currently a US citizen with Indefinite leave. I have been married and lived in the UK to a British Citizen now for 22 years. Do I still have to take the Life in the UK Test to get my british citizen status / and passport. I don't want to file for dual.?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.
Are you stating you are content with just having indefinite leave to remain?
Kind regard
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am afraid this is not what I asked. I expected you to confirm if based on my request if I need to still sit the life in the UK test?
If you are unable to answer this quest than please refund my £26.
Thank you Rajmattie
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.
The reason I asked this question was because you stated that you dont want to file for dual citizenship.
However, if your question is simply if you are required to take the life in the UK test, then yes that is correct, you are required to take the life in the UK test regardless of the amount of time you have spent in the UK and the nationality if your partner. The life in the UK test is a requirement for all applicants. Therefore you must undertake the life in the UK test.
I hope this answers your question if however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience: I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks - that's all I wanted to check.