29905560

I am an 82 year old worker who has been employed years

I am an 82 year old worker who has been employed for 18 years at what was my present employment. Now due to fabrications I have been dismissed with immediate effect.
Does my age prevent me from seeking legal assistance?
Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What legal assistance are you actually after?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I feel the need to challenge the decision of dismissing me, but my appeal has been rejected by the said management. Even though they have acknowledge my reliability over the years

When were you dismissed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

APRIL 1ST

Your age would not prevent you from challenging this however you will not be able to get any assistance such as legal aid to pay for legal fees for example because this is not available for claims in the employment tribunal. If you wanted to challenge a dismissal then you can make an unfair dismissal claim in the employment tribunal within 3 months of being dismissed. Whilst your age will not prevent you from claiming it could affect the level of compensation you may get if you were successful. That is because an u fair dismissal claim would also cover loss of earnings for the future based on how long you may be out of work for and your chances of getting another job. A 30-something old would likely recover a lot more because of their career prospects and higher chances of ongoing losses as they would have a lot longer to potentially work whereas someone your age could be considered less employable. But you will certainly not be prevented from making the claim in the first place, just make sure this submitted within 3 months of your dismissal.
I hope this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating, or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you