12826847

I received on the 02/03 May an NIP with a Notice Issue Date

I received on the 02/03 May an NIP with a Notice Issue Date 30/04/15 which says they intend to take proceedings against me for exceeding the speed limit of 70MPH as I was travelling at 88MPH. The date of the offence was 27/03/15. The vehicle is a leased company car. What should I do as I believe the NIP has not been received in the 14 day period.
I am sorry but it is bad news.
If this is a lease vehicle then the lease company will be the registered keeper. Therefore the original NIP will have been sent out much earlier and they will have named you.
Their obligation is only to send out a NIP within 14 days to the registered keeper. When it reaches the actual driver is a non issue unless they exceed their statutory six months to prosecute.
I'm very sorry but that is your position.