75100385

I am the owner of a commercial property. The property had a

I am the owner of a commercial property. The property had a roof leak and I claimed on my insurance. The insurance company appointed a Loss Adjuster, who is offering me a fraction of the cost. He claims that I am under insured hence should get less (he uses a formula to get the figure. I have never come across this formula in 30 years I have let my
commercial property. Can you help me to get the amount I paid the Roof repairer
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What is the cost of repair please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The cost of the repair was £1550. The formula used by the Loss Adjuster was:

Sum insured divided by Value at risk (his estimate of the value of the property times amount I paid.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do you believe that the Loss Adjuster should not have used the formula to settle on the amount I can claim. As I have mentioned before that this was the first time that I have faced tactics.

Indeed.
I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.