75100385

I paid engine to be replaced in my vehicle up

hello ,i paid for an engine to be replaced in my vehicle up front . this has taken over 9 months. i have been told that the car was fixed and nearly every day for this 9 month period then an excuse given that something else was needed to be fixed. i threatened them with th police if the car was not given back. the car was picked up on a flat bed lorry and taken to land rover near to my location. landrover has since checked the car over and found several faults and parts missing making the car unusable and dangerous. the bill is expected to be approx £4000.00+ just to correct and make it road worthy and safe.
please could u tell me where i stand in getting back any monies and what can be done legally thank you.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.