75100385

Is there anyone available who could advise with regards to

Customer Question

Is there anyone available who could advise with regards ***** ***** procedure that appears to have gone wrong and now is causing my sister issues with being able to go back to work
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

In what sense

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Is there anyone who has expertise that could help to establish as to whether I have a case to sue NHS or surgery team after a botched operation
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
If I can say you are posting in the legal question, not medical. So if its a legal question about a medical procedure I can help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My sister had a mastectomy last year and had temporary implants. The consultant advised these would only be implaneted for a year so that the muscles would stretch ready for more permanent implants. Just about a month ago she had another op to have the other implants inserted and during the procedure she was burnt by the registrar leaving her with a burn which had to be stitched which has resulted in a permanent scar. But also she has been suffering dreadfully from back pain. When she had her follow up appointment with the consultant and mentioned both her back pain and her burn the consultant advised her that the registrar in the process of stemming the blood from the operation had missed and caught skin hence the stitches to prevent infection, but made no further attempt of any apology. With regards ***** ***** back issue she has been told that this is down to the original implants that have affected her rib cage structure and straightened them out. She has been told although extremely rare she will have to get used to the new shape and her back will need to compensate for this. She is a hairdresser and doesnt know how she will cope being back at work as standing up for more than an hour or so causes her back pain. They have told her that her ribs will not go back to the original shape. Having spoken to a number of people the general consensus is that A the burn is unacceptable and has caused her more scarring and a lengthier healing process. But the back issue is her main cause of concern as she is worried about being able to ever work again. Is there a case for any of this.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Has she had a second opinion at all yet please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No who would she need to contact would her GP be able to give advice.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
You need to get looked at by an independent medical expert. This is the first step. That expert will produce a report about what has gone on. If that expert says there has been negligence then there is a potential claim. If the medical expert does not say there is, then there is no claim.
So you need to get the person examined by an independent medical expert for a report.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What person would be deemed this expert does it need to be another surgeon or could her GP verify

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
It would be, but ideally a court approved expert.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

But how would she get the ball rolling to begin with what is her first course of action.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
She can see a Solicitor and ask to be sent to a medical expert.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Does she need to see someone specialist or would any solicitor take this on.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Medical negligence Solicitor would be best.