12826847

I had a motor accident when I reported this incident to my

Customer Question

I had a motor accident when I reported this incident to my insurers with details my insurer I was told the registration plate was for a completely different vehicle to the one in the collision knowing the other driver is from a gypsy background in the same town as myself I asked my insurer to please not make any contact with the other party as idid not want any reprocussions this was in feb 2015 today I have been contacted to say they have settled with the other party for a complete right off which is a joke and he is now persuing a medical claim when I have not been contacted since reporting incident and not filled in any claims form or paperwork is this correct procedure please
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Were you at fault please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

they say I was at fault but I completely deny this when explaining this incident it probably sounds that way and if I were I would hold my hands up but by exceptional circumstances ie temporary traffic lights 3 way I cant except this I hope this makes a little bit of sense thankyou ps this is why I think they needed sketches and measurements

Did your insurers say they were settling it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

settled claim for vehicle and informing me of intended medical claim they just received

Ok. Does your policy say they need your permission to settle?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

from my broker they say inform them of incident they then will forward claim form if appropriate they will then forward to insurer and not to agree to any action hope this helps

Sadly not. In their terms does it allow them to settle?