12826847

I have rented a property with 2 other people from 01/08/2014

Customer Question

hello. I have rented a property with 2 other people from 01/08/2014 - 31/01/2015. The other two on the contract moved out on 15/12/2014 and they passed on my details to NPower to be the next person to take care of the bills without my consent and without me signing any contract. I have tried to contact the landlord to provide me the bills for electricity many times after the other left and I haven't received anything. I have submitted my meter readings when I left the property to the landlord and asked him if there is anything else I need to do and also asked him to send me any letters that I receive at the old address (I gave him my new address). Today I have been contacted by the debt collector asking to pay the bills immediately and telling me that the credit companies will be contacted also. This is not fair for me as I have tried and tried to get the bills from NPower and from the landlord willing to pay what I have to pay. Can you please advise? Can I sue the landlord? Can I get NPower to not consider me as a delayed payment and so not to affect my credit history?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
I don't understand, did everyone move out or just you?