13262538

If someone is getting called by their biological father who

If someone is getting called by their biological father who has suddenly discovered their number, and continues to call despite them telling them not to call - are the able to get a restraining order?
The main concern is they'll turn up at their house and not so much the calls. If they are able to get a restraining order, what steps would need to be taken in order to get this, in the UK.
Has the person reported the harassment to the police?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Clare,

No this hasn't been reported to the police yet.

That is the starting point.
This person does not have to put up with this and the police powers regarding criminal harassment are much more effective than those of the Civil Courts.
He does need to keep a careful note of all incidents as they will help in any eventual prosecution
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Should one want to take civil action - as apposed to criminal what would be the procedure?

My concern is that this will achieve what the "father" wants - the chance of a face to face meeting
The start of the process is the same - a careful diary of events; then a letter needs to be sent asking him to stop contact, and if that fails then an applictaion is made for a Non Molestation Order using the form here
http://www.daviessolicitors.co.uk/forms_davies/Family/Application%20for%20non-molestation%20order%3Aoccapation%20order.pdf
A court date will then be set