12826847

My mother died of dementia which she had least five

Customer Question

My mother died of dementia which she had for at least five years before she died. She remade her will two years before what safeguards are the solicitors supposed to put in place to ensure competency?
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience For the avoidance of doubt do I understand correctly that she changed her will two years before she passed away please?At this time would you charaterise her dementia as relatively advanced so that she was unlikely to have had capacity at the time?May I ask what the main changes she made in her last will were compared to the previous will and are these changes likely to be objected to by any beneficiary of the earlier will?
Expert:  Joshua replied 2 years ago.
Would you like to continue?