29905560

January 2013 the responsibilities within my role changed, where

January 2013 the responsibilities within my role changed, where as i had more duties to cover additional parts of the company. this was due to the company structure changing, and i had to be re interviewed for my role, thankfully i was successfull.
on many occaions we have been informed that following the re structure we would be issued with new T&C's in line with promised regrading etc due to the restructure.
to date this has still not came to fruition, and the last change to any T&C's was April 2011 when i took moved into my role.
can you let me know if this is allowed under employment law, or is there a case to be answered for poor employee relations or similar.
many thansk in advance, Fraser Fleming
Hello, my name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. What would have changed had you been issued with new terms - your pay and other benefits for example?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

For Ben Jones,

items we were told would change would be grading up a scale, due to change in responsibilities etc, which would have had renumeration updated and car grading, but were never informed of other benefits which we presumme would accompany this upgrade .

The first way of pursuing this would be by arguing this amounts to breach of contract, specifically if the employer had made a promise on which you based your acceptance of that role. So if you relied on these promises to get the job then a contract is likely to have been created anyway, under which the employer would have been obliged to fulfil the promises they made. So if you have suffered losses as a result of this, for example your pay was not increased as initially promised, a breach of contract claim can be made against the employer to try and recover these losses.
Another avenue is to argue that the employer has not issued you with an updated written statement of employment particulars. This is similar to a contract and is issued within 2 months of an employee starting their employment. It would have been required when you first started your employment with the company and if you changed roles then they should have updated that. However, that may not have necessarily included the terms you were after as only a limited number of conditions are required, see here:
https://www.gov.uk/employment-contracts-and-conditions/written-statement-of-employment-particulars
In any event you may take this further by raising a formal grievance with the employer, the outcome of which you may also appeal if you are not satisfied with it.
I hope this has answered your query. Please take a second to leave a positive rating, or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you