75100385

A slate fell off a building on a main road it hit a person

Customer Question

a slate fell off a building on a main road it hit a person on the head causing a head wound that required eight stitches which exposed the skull and has left debris within the wound. The police were called to the accident and fire brigade were also called, and one day later the health and safety were called to find out the condition of the roof which subsequently Was found to be in a bad state of repair. Do I have a case for compensation.
PS. The insurance company have contacted and asked us not to take legal advice and they will phone tomorrow
What is your legal opinion
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
How long did the injury last?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

this happened on bank holiday Monday 4.05.15 was taken to hospital and had eight stitches in a head wound with debris left in wound and sent home, not able at this stage if any further damage has occurred within the head and brain. The property was a retail shop

Then yes you may have a claim. To give you an idea a 3 month injury would be £2,000.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.