Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

Do you think I have legal case fore compensation

Customer Question

do you think I have legal case fore compensation
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with your question today.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

a friend of mine was walking along a pavement in a town centre when a roof tile hit here of a shop roof she was passing it split here head open and she was taken to hospital and had eight stitches put in to a very bad head wound the police and fire service were called to the incident the fire service made the roof safe by removing other tiles that were loose the following day the health and safety came to inspect the roof which they said was in a bad state of repair do u think she has a case thank you

Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Yes I do think there is a case for compensation.
The owner of the building has a duty to keep the property in a state of repair such that others are not injured. A breach of this duty means that your friend can make a claim for compensation for persona injury based on negligence.
Your friend would be best advised to instruct a personal injury solicitor, on a no win no fee basis, to pursue a claim. Without knowing the full extent of the injury it's difficult to give any guidance as to how much he/she could receive but a head injury which resulted in hospitalisation and stitching is likely to result in a significant payout.