12826847

Can anyone tell me more about driving a heavy goods vehicle

Customer Question

can anyone tell me more about driving a heavy goods vehicle without an operators licence.
Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help with your question today.
What exactly do you wish to know?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi thanks for replying, basically me and my partner set up a limited heavy haulage company, and after buying the crane truck we were waiting for out operators licence application to be granted. but as you may know these things take time so while it was being processed we applied for an interm licence, which has still not been issued either.

we have used the truck for hire and reward purposes without either of these certificates and now have recieved a letter from the traffic commissioner advising us that he has decided to convene a public inquiry due to concerns about our repute, financial standing and professional competency.

i called the inquiry team to get a bit more light shed on the situation, they have informed me that among other issues raised there was reason to believe we have used the truck for hire and reward purposes before being granted the required licences,

could you please tell me the possible outcomes of this as we will have to appear in a court to give evidence but as i said we have actually committed the offence as we have started with nothing and have two small children to provide for and rent to pay but we were getting nowhere with the application,

please help me

Expert:  Alice H replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the further information. I have noticed that you are based in Scotland and this case might result in some enforcement action I have opted out so that an expert in Scots Law can help you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

??