75100385

I bought a top of the range Miele steam oven (5080XL)

Hi, I bought a top of the range Miele steam oven (5080XL) in 2011. I have only used it for about 12 hours in total which they would be able to verify if they looked at it as they check everything on their computers. It is now showing up a fault code of 193 which I am unable to locate anywhere. I also have their oven/fridge/freezer/washing machine/drier/wine cooler. I insure several of the above but did not extend the warranty on the steam oven as I never "got to grips" with it. Can you advise how I should approach this please as I am sure Miele will say I have had the oven too long for them to be interested.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Do you have a warranty with the product please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Alex, I had a warranty but this has ran out after two years. As I mentioned above, I did not take out an extended warranty and have, indeed, only used the item for about 12 hours in total.

It's bad news I am afraid. Unless there is an extended warranty there is no obligation to have it repaired or fixed for you. Sadly as it is out of warranty there is no obligation to repair. However I would contact them and see what they can do. Given all the products you have they may be able to work something out. But unfortunately in law there is no requirement.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your advice - I really appreciated your input.
Happy to help.