75100385

Morning My partner sent his passport renewal through

Customer Question

Hi morning
My partner sent his passport renewal through the post office check & send on 20/3/15 -- they received it 23/3/15. It is his 3rd renewal and is British born but has not yet received the passport back and every time he calls their help line it is a call centre that just gives him the run around, he was advised a number of times someone would call him back but no one does he has to call and chase them to be given the same run around. Their usual response is it is being checked but we do not understand what they are checking as his details have not changed since the last renewal 10 years ago. He was put through to the Peterborough office once where he has been advised his application is -- he spoke to a lady who advise to her knowledge it was going to print.
We have also lodged a complaint but even that they advised it will take 2 weeks to investigate.
We depart on our trip 19/5/15 -- a 1st time adult passport takes 6 weeks and a renewal only 3 weeks -- we are now in the 7th week of them having his application with no indication of what the hold up or issue is or when we will receive it
Hope you can give us some advise
My email address is***@******.***
regards Jayne
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
How far are you from your local Passport office?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We live in East London the application is in Peterborough but we could go to Petty France in Victoria

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. If you went to Court it would take weeks, it wouldnt be quick. If it were me I would drive to the passport office. Ideally you would want to go to the one you sent it to but clearly that is some distance away. I would therefore make an urgent appointment to go to the one in Victoria and get it while you wait.
You will have to pay for this, but what I would do is pay it and then claim it back. That way at least you get your passport quick without worrying about fighting over the bill and whether or not they will process it without payment.
I would raise the issue there and see if when you get there, the fee can be refunded. But if not you may have to seek it back from them after.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When we spoke to petty France they advised that he would have to put a request in writing to cancel his application at Peterborough then make an appointment for Petty France but could not guarantee he would be seen and a passport issued before we fly

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
He should make an appointment NOW. As I said if it goes to Court sadly it would take longer than the the time you fly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

But they are unable to advise if he will be seen before we fly

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
In that case I would turn up, demand to see someone and refuse to leave unless you are seen.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can he do this even though his old passport is at the Peterborough office?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Yes, unless you want to go to Peterborough. This may be your better option. Its only a few hours on the train.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.