12826847

My husband has a twenty year old daughter from previous marrige

Customer Question

My husband has a twenty year old daughter from previous marrige who lives with us. We also have three children toghether. His daughter suffered from sever depression. When I critisize her my husband becomes really mad at me, he also forces me to be more nice to his daughter: to hug and to kiss, which I hate. What are my options. Please advise. I don't work, he is the only provider and everytime we fight, he always frightens me with money.
Do you wish to end the marriage?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No. I don't want to end my marrige. But I would like to know what I can do in both cases: if I end my marrige and if I stay married. The situation is not simple, because my husband owns the house and all the savings are under his name. When I officially married him 10 years ago (before that we were not married but had 2 kids) he was a wealthy man already. I was working at the bank with a good salary and good perspective. When we moved to UK, I had to quit my job and later my third child was born. So, I never worked again. No, it is probably difficult for me to find a job, as I am 40 with no experience in UK.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What other assets are there and what income does your husband have?