75100385

I really need some advice. I was working cash in hand

Hi I really need some advice.
I was working cash in hand below minimum wage at an off licence at the end of my road. (Im 24. £5 per hour) I was shown some cctv of me stealing a mobile phone top up and forgetting to pay it. I went into work this morning and was sacked on the spot and the shop guy said that the owner was going to go through all the cctv videos. I have paid approx £320 back.
I am just worried that I will be arrested and carted off in a police car as I haven't told my parents and will affect any future job opportunities as I have just had an offer for Bar Manager. I also explained that I have aspergers and autism.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What is it you would like to know please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok, do you have any previous? Have they said they would go to the Police?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have never had any previous convictions.. The guy in the shop said that I could be in serious trouble and that the boss could ring the police after going through all the videos.

The guy in the shop has kept the money I have paid back to one side.

There would also be some days I would work for him and never get paid.

Can he call the Police - yes.
However if you have no previous and have paid it back you could just be cautioned. But you can't stop the boss from calling the Police.
If it goes to Court instead of a caution you are likely to get just a fine rather than anything else.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

But wouldn't that affect future employment??

A conviction would but not a caution. But you cant stop your boss going to the Police I am sorry to say.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What if I did the right thing and handed myself in??

No, I would not do that.Your boss may not report this and you will be fine.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I really hope he doesn't a sI haven't told my parents.. I told them that hes found someone else.

Will it be In my favour if Ive paid back and said that Ive got additional needs??

Indeed, lets hope he does not.
If you have paid it back that is good. The fact you have additional needs is not relevant to whether you took the item sadly.
But the boss should be sympathetic.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I just saw it as a distraction

Yes of course. Can I clarify anything else for you today at all about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No that's everything - Just got this sick feeling in my stomach :(

Good luck with this.
If this answers your question might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.
If you need more help please click reply.
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?