Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I have been asked to pay Timeshare disposal and signed

Customer Question

I have been asked to pay for a Timeshare disposal and signed a document agreeing BUT not paid any money yet. This may be a scam so can I get verification on whether this document is legally binding as I have suspicions it is not!

I will need to scan and send the documents to you to verify this AND also ask a couple more questions but a simple Yes or No is all I need

Expert:  Joshua replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience. Do you have information regarding the organisation that has asked you to sign and pay please? If you also have a web link that would be useful?When did you sign and did you do so their office or a presentation or at home?How much have you been asked to pay and for what service precisely?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Joshua

There is some information on their Website. I signed yesterday in theri office. I have been asked to pay £5,400.

I understand that as there is no 14 day cooling off period offered, they are asking for up front payment I have signed only when Timeshare is joint names with my wife, and that they are not reg in Uk or Data protection approved that this document is not legally binding.

IMPORTANT - I have tried to set this request up in my private e-mail *****@******.*** but it would not let me!! therefore used my work e-mail *****@******.*** so can you only reply to my private mail please [or get it changed??] as I cannot respond now going home for weekend!

I dont have link to document but I have scanned it - how do I get it to you??

regards

malcolm

Expert:  Joshua replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the above. Unfortunately I don't have direct access to your account but I can create something called an additional services offer which will allow us to communicate diretly by email rather than through this site if you prefer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Joshua, I have logged on at home to see if you responded but please set up to contact me on *****@******.*** and from where I can send you document for you to decide on my issue

regards

malcolm

Expert:  Joshua replied 1 year ago.
Malcolm. I'm glad you managed to log in. If you would like to correspond by direct email instead, I will need to create something called an additional services offer because such communication is treated as a separate chargeable service by this site. However I can specify the minimum fee which should only be around £3 so as not to substantively increase the cost. If you are able to accept the offer we can exchnage email contact details and continue by email (I will be offline until tomorrow though now). If you wish to proceed I will create the additional services offer now.
Joshua, Lawyer
Experience: LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

agreed, please let me know how to proceed and I'll continue with private e-mail tomorrow afternoon

Expert:  Joshua replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks. My email should be visible. If you can drop me an email with the documents/information you wish me to look at I will revert tomorrow. Have a good evening.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Joshua, did you get my file and have any confirmation please?

regards

malcolm

Expert:  Joshua replied 1 year ago.
MalcolmThank you I have received your email. I am working through emails this morning and will be replying to you shortly directly be email. Kind regards