12826847

I have a jewellery company and bought some jewellery of a supplier

Customer Question

I have a jewellery company and bought some jewellery of a supplier who was at the Hong Kong Trade Show. I paid, in full, for the jewellery, (which is normal and I have been doing this for twelve years) and this has been confirmed by my bank and the beneficiaries bank, but the supplier is saying she never received the money and will not send my goods. All the account numbers etc have been checked, and the bank have investigated three times to make sure, and have told me that all the money was paid into the said bank account, but sadly the money has been withdrawn so we are unable to get it back.
I am left having paid for goods that I will never receive. What can I do?
I presume she is outside the UK?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Have you tried complaining to the trade show?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not yet but I will be doing that soon
You do have the option to sue but it is not really realistic I'm afraid.
The trouble with this is that she is abroad so you cannot sue her in the UK. You could sue her in her country of origin but then you would have difficulty enforcing and also it is very expensive.
You could get the bank to try to reclaim the funds since she alleges that they have not been received.
I realise the funds have been withdrawn but that doesn't mean the bank cannot act on the basis of fraud. They may not agree basically because the fault does not lie with their system but there is action they could take.
The other alternative is to demand the police investigate on the basis that this is fraud. They will be reluctant but there is action they could take.
Sorry but I have to give you truthful information.